14 September 2014

A Victorian photo album: Who are the musicians in this photo?

As well as books collected from around the family, Mum also loved photos and had shelves full of photo albums. The oldest of the albums is this one full of Victorian cabinet photos.


I have no idea if the people in the pictures are members of my family although many of the pictures were taken in Suffolk studios, where both my paternal and maternal relatives are from. It's an intriguing set of photos.


I wonder, for example, who these people are and why they are clutching mandolins, surrounded by cowbells. There's no clues on the back of the photo, not even in which studio it was taken.
Were they a popular musical group who sold pictures of themselves? A musical off-shoot of my family?


I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment